Monday, April 2, 2012

1st Sparkler

Hello! There's a great sketch up at the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog. I thought I would play along! The sketch is of course by Becky Fleck. Here's the sketch:

Here's my take:




Loved just playing. Of course, I had to include some sequins, the new and very fun fad that I had to jump on (I was late to the game with banners and a few other things). What can I say, the sprinkling of little coloured bits really speaks  to me ;)

Thanks for stopping in!




pp -My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee, My Litte Shoebox; alpha -American Crafts; chipboard -Cosmo Cricket; sequins -All Selections; border punches -Fiskars, EK Success; twine -Knot & Bow

18 comments:

Kat said...

What an awesome layout, love the sketch too and the way you interpreted it. TFS!

Heidi said...

Great page!

Christa said...

Love your take on the sketch! Beautiful!

Danielle said...

great interpretation of the sketch...love the squared background.

Madeline said...

Great take on the sketch. Hope I haven't commented on this before but I LOVE your header!

April Derrick said...

Okay this is awesome! I just pinned it to Pinterest!

Ashley Rock said...

Awww-- ADORABLE layout-- I LOVE it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Jennifer said...

A beautiful LO! Such sweet photos! Love this sketch too. I think I might have to jump onto this sequin thing!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

The scattered sequins are perfect, Sarah! I need to pull out my unloved container of Hero Arts sequins. :) Thank you for the inspiration! I loved this sketch too so I've printed it out but haven't used it yet.

Izzy Anderson said...

I just love this! Beautiful. Great sketch. I'll have to go take a peek over there at SCT. Love your work.

Connie Mercer said...

great sketch~I snagged it!!!Your LO is amazing girl~love everything about it!!!:):)

Linda Beeson said...

What a great sketch and your layout is oh so cute! LOVE those papers you used.

Jennie M said...

LOVE that sketch and I love your take on it!!!

Kim said...

I just spied this over on pinterest woohoo, love love love the simple look but with gorgy embellies!

Anna Sigga said...

Fab layout and I love your take on the sketch!

Diane Payne said...

Love your interpretation of of the sketch! Beautiful!

missusem said...

Love this page! The sketch is adorable and your take is cute. I love the running 'photo paper' theme with the polaroid paper and the vintage camera embellie :). Adore!

Pam said...

This is ADORABLE!! love the background paper and the sequins...the pictures are precious too:)